Introduction Shipowners' P&I
At RaetsMarine we believe that the premium you pay for your insurance should be based only on your actual level of risk rather than on ‘one-size-fits-all’, generic costs. That is why we create comprehensive P&I insurance packages that are precisely tailored to you and your vessel based on fixed premiums.
As a ‘niche’ insurance provider, we go out of our way to cater for shipowners with particular needs, such as small to midsize cargo vessels, as well as supply vessels, fishing boats, tugs and other specialist craft. There are no restrictions on age, and singletons will be quoted. We offer limits up to USD 1 billion.
Why should I choose RaetsMarine ShipOwners’ P&I Insurance?
We tailor all our insurance to meet your precise requirements, so you can be confident of sound cover – whatever your circumstances. When you deal with RaetsMarine, you are dealing with a company that is:
- Experienced – We insure over 4,000 small to medium sized vessels per year, operating and trading in local markets and internationally, together with group services for charterers liability, marine hull and cargo insurance
- Expert – Our underwriters and claims teams are skilled in the fields of marine liabilities, and keep up to date with the latest developments through our in-house learning centre, RaetsMarineAcademy, and our extensive knowledge database
- Open-minded – We accept any type or size of shipowner, and place no restrictions on the age of the vessel, the bills of lading issued, the kinds of cargo, or the trading area involved
- Secure – We provide transparent financial security, with limits up to USD 1 Billion
- Comprehensive – We provide cover for a wide range of situations and offer additional insurance to cover specific risks
- Cost-effective – We work with fixed premiums, and take a flexible approach to policy limits – where possible, negotiating lower limits to save you money
- Service-oriented – We work with you to minimise your risks, our Support Desk is always ready to advise you and find solutions to your problems, while our claims handlers work with you to settle claims quickly – and as favourably for you as possible. We will also help you draft and check Charter Parties if required
Most important of all, we make sure you are properly covered for the risks you face. Accordingly, to cover specific additional risks, we can extend your ShipOwners’ Liability cover with any of the following:
- Marine Defence Insurance (Freight, Demurrage and Defence)
- Cargo Owners’ Legal Liability Insurance
- Bunker Insurance
- Kidnap and Ransom Insurance
- Charterers’ Piracy Trade Disruption Insurance
- Detention Insurance
- Freight Insurance
- Charterers’ Liability (SOL) Insurance
- War Risk Insurance